Elmhurst Hospital maintains straight-A record in Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade
Last updated 2/20/2023 at 9:58pm
The Leapfrog Group has awarded Elmhurst Hospital with an "A" Hospital Safety Grade for the 22nd consecutive time, recognizing it as one of the only 22 hospitals in the country and three in Illinois to be awarded an "A" in every Hospital Safety Grade cycle since 2012.
"We're proud of our straight-A streak, but we're also humbled because we realize we have to concentrate even more and work harder to maintain the high level of safety and quality of care we provide every day," says Pamela Dunley, RN, MS, MBA, CENP, President, Elmhurst Hospital.
Edward Hospital in Naperville earned a B. Edward and Elmhurst Hospitals are part of NorthShore – Edward-Elmhurst Health. To see details of both hospitals' grades, visit http://www.HospitalSafetyGrade.org.
The extension of the straight-A streak in the Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades is one of several honors, awards and recognitions related to quality and safety Elmhurst Hospital has achieved:
• For third year in a row (2020-22), Merative (formerly IBM Watson Health) named Elmhurst Hospital among the 100 Top Hospitals in the U.S.
• Elmhurst Hospital was awarded Gold Certification for Excellence in Person-Centered Care by Planetree International, one of only 88 healthcare organizations worldwide, including 26 in U.S. (2018).
• Elmhurst Hospital earned five stars in the 2022 Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Overall Hospital Quality Star Ratings.
• Elmhurst Hospital was named to U.S. News & World Report's 2021-22 list of Best Hospitals for Maternity Care.
• Elmhurst Hospital achieved redesignation in 2020 as a Magnet hospital for nursing excellence from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its original designation was in 2015.
• Elmhurst Hospital's Emergency Department was named a 2020 recipient of the Emergency Nurses Association Lantern Award.
The Leapfrog Group is an independent national watchdog organization with a 10-year history of assigning letter grades to general hospitals throughout the United States, based on a hospital's ability to prevent medical errors and harm to patients. The grading system is peer-reviewed, fully transparent and free to the public. Hospital Safety Grade results are based on more than 30 national performance measures and are updated each fall and spring.
To learn more about patient safety and quality of care at Edward-Elmhurst Health, visit http://www.EEHealth.org/about-us/awards.