Plainfield high schools were honored at the Lewis University Art Invitational
Last updated 1/14/2021 at 9:27pm
Student artists from Plainfield High School – Central Campus, and Plainfield East and South high schools were honored at the fourth annual Lewis University Art Invitational on Monday, January 11, 2021.
Lewis held the competition virtually due to ongoing COVID-19 safety concerns. Illinois high school art teachers could submit up to five pieces of student artwork for the competition.
PHSCC senior Millie Rodriguez won the Best in Show award, and a $50 Amazon gift card.
PEHS sophomore Monique Klepk received an Honorable Mention and a $25 Amazon gift card.
These District 202 students participated in the virtual competition and received awards as indicated:
Plainfield High School-Central Campus:
• Emily Guardado, sophomore, pen on paper artwork
• Leo Zabel, junior, colored pencil on paper artwork
• Millie Rodriguez, senior, oil on canvas artwork (Best in Show, winner of $50 Amazon gift card)
• Autumn Heipp, senior, colored pencil artwork
• Montserrat (Monse) Villegas, senior, pen and marker on paper artwork
Plainfield East High School:
• Monique Klepk, sophomore, ink artwork (Honorable mention, winner of $25 Amazon gift card)
• Malika Syed, sophomore, digital photography artwork
• Kendall Haupt, junior, colored pencil artwork
• Paige Randall, senior, digital illustration artwork
• David Enriquez, senior, digital photography artwork
Plainfield South High School:
• Marisa Marino, junior, polymer clay and epoxy resin sculpture artwork
• Vivianne Angulo, junior, Earthenware clay sculpture artwork
To view the online art gallery, visit https://spark.adobe.com/video/HylcQTDLdLeEV