Holiday shopping begins November 2 at Bolingbrook Park District Craft Show
Last updated 10/28/2019 at 5:34pm
Purchase everything you need for the holiday season at the 34th Annual Bolingbrook Park District Holiday Craft Show & LCSRA Bake Sale. On Saturday, November 2 from 9:00 am-3:00 pm at the Annerino Community Center (201 Recreation Dr.) you can shop from over 50 crafters selling handmade unique items. Lily Cache Special Recreation Association (LCSRA) will be selling baked goods to raise money for the LCSRA Sensory Room Campaign.
Items for purchase include:
• Jewelry Earrings, Hats, Scarves
• Crochet Items, Children's Dress-Up/Jewelry, Soaps, Cards/Stamps
• Embroidered Items, Cement Garden Stones, Ceramic items, Doll Clothes
• Christmas Trees, Wood crafted Items, Ornaments, Painted Glassware
• Clay Figures, Wool Mittens, Photo Clip/Crayon Rolls, Upholstered Stools/Aprons
• Sun catchers, Key Chains, Fleece Items, Bags
• Centerpieces & Wreaths, Kitchen Towels, Fabric Crafts, Wallets
• Baby Blankets, Dog Toys, Pillows, Holiday Table Decor
• Coasters, Decorated Wine Bottles, Pot holders, Skin Care Products
Baked goods will be sold by LCSRA to raise money to equip a sensory room at the Annerino Community Center. A Sensory Room is specially designed room which combines a range of stimuli to help individuals develop and engage their senses. These can include lights, colors, sounds, and sensory soft play objects, aromas all within a safe environment that allows the person using it to explore and interact without risk.
Individuals with varying sensory disorders such as autism benefit greatly from a sensory room experience. This is what is commonly associated with a sensory room. Another population that can benefit greatly is those who suffer from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).