The Plainfield Enterprise - Our Newspapers Work!

Fire Department responds to 2400 Windsor Mall

 

Last updated 10/29/2019 at 1:06pm

On Monday October 28, 2019 at 12:09 p.m., the Park Ridge Fire Department responded to an activated fire alarm in Bristol Court, at 2400 Windsor Mall. Upon arrival, crews were met by occupants of the structure with a reported kitchen fire on the second floor. Companies went to the second floor and made entry to the unit where they discovered a stove fire that had extended to the stove exhaust hood and into the back wall and adjacent kitchen cabinets. They quickly suppressed the fire with a water extinguisher and checked to confirm no further extension into the wall or hidden space after extinguishment.

This fire highlights the impact that a functioning fire alarm system can make in the rapid notification of the Fire Department. Prior to any 911 calls being made, the Fire Department had already been dispatched and help was on the way. No residents or fire personnel were injured in this incident and total damages were limited to approximately $30,000.

Park Ridge received assistance from the Rosemont FD at this incident.

 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019

Rendered 11/16/2019 15:50